Wednesday, April 27, 2016 18:00 at St. Louis County Library Headquarters
- 6:00pm - Meet and Greet
- 6:15pm - Designing With Swift Protocol Extensions by Brian Coyner
- 8:00pm - Next Meeting Details, Questions, Discussion
In this talk, I'll show how I re-designed a socket messaging layer from Objective-C to Swift making heavy use of protocols, protocol extensions, and structs. I'll go over the original ObjC design, then walk through how the Swift design unfolded. The end result is pretty impressive in terms of reduction in code, as well as increased productivity (and safety) when adding new message types.
St. Louis CocoaHeads
We are a group of software developers dedicated to diving deep into Apple’s iOS platform.
- typically meet the 4th Wednesday of each month from 6pm to 9pm
- formal and informal presentations (ObjC, Swift, iOS)
- open to newcomers and seasoned professionals
JOIN OUR MAILING LISTS
Subscribe to the iCal Calendar!